If you’re thinking of leaving a gift to Thyroid UK, thank you so much. It will allow us to take on more projects to help people with thyroid disease. Every project costs money but we do not receive any funding from the Government. Our work is funded solely from your donations and the sale of our merchandise and publications.
Your donation could help us fund projects such as:
- surveys to show how thyroid patients are dealing with various issues
- a new telephone helpline
- research studies looking at why some patients need T3 or natural desiccated thyroid
- patient information leaflets on topics such as benefits, leaflets for employers and families
- awareness campaigns
- new staff
We are very grateful for any gift which enables us to achieve better thyroid health for everyone. If you decide to leave us a gift in your Will, please use the following details:
Thyroid UK, Registered Charity Number 1125270, 32 Darcy Road, St Osyth, Clacton on Sea, Essex CO16 8QF
Before making a Will we recommend you meet with a solicitor to ensure that it is done correctly. To find a solicitor you can use “Find a Solicitor” on the Law Society website.
Before visiting a solicitor it’s a good idea to prepare your will by writing down a few notes such as:
- debts or loans that will need to be repaid;
- your bank/building society accounts and any life insurances
- which gifts you want to leave and who will receive them
- who is going to be your executor (you can have more than one) such as a family member or friend or your solicitor
- your wishes and any guidance for those who will be making your funeral arrangements
Wills should be updated every few years especially after life events such as getting married, moving house and having children or grandchildren. You can make a new Will or, if you are just making a small change, making an amendment and adding something, you can do this with a codicil. Often, though, a codicil costs the same as making a new Will.
Once your Will or codicil has been made, you need to keep it safe. It’s common for the solicitor to keep it safe for you but you can keep it yourself but do ensure that your executor/s know where it is kept.
If you need any further information, please get in touch.
We rely on donations so that we can continue to support and campaign for people with thyroid and related conditions. If you have found our information helpful, please make a donation or become a member.