Thyroid UK is a charitable company working primarily within the United Kingdom. Formed in 1998, we became a company limited by guarantee in 2007 and in 2008 we became a registered charity.
The provision of quality information for people with both diagnosed and undiagnosed thyroid disorders is the primary concern of Thyroid UK, and we work effectively in this field through dialogue with NHS departments, networking with other voluntary organisations, and providing services directly to patients.
Our mission statement is…
“Providing information and resources to promote effective diagnosis and appropriate treatment for people with thyroid disorders in the UK”
Our vision is…
- To be the primary source of independent information on thyroid-related disorders in the United Kingdom
- A world where the patient’s needs are paramount
- A world where patients with thyroid disease will have the choice to be treated according to their individual needs
Our values are…
- To be open, honest, ethical and accountable and to work productively with others in the pursuit of quality treatment for patients
- To put the interests of people with thyroid disorders first
- To value people as individuals
- To respect the right of individuals to be involved in and knowledgeable about their illness and treatment options
- To value the need for open and free access to independent and accurate information both at the time of diagnosis and thereafter
- To encourage people to take control of their own health and wellbeing
- To appreciate the skills, expertise and commitment of our staff and volunteers
We rely on donations so that we can continue to support and campaign for people with thyroid and related conditions. If you have found our information helpful, please make a donation or become a member.